Captured on the Rye.
Captured on the Rye is an independent shop in East Dulwich, selling a range of hand-printed clothing, homewares, cards, prints and soft furnishings designed and made by artist-owner Lou Smith at his studio under The Arches in Peckham.
Nature-lover and local resident Lou, has been photographing birds, animals and landscapes around South London for many years, and bases his bold designs on his own captured images, hence the name.
We also serve delicious teas and coffees
Wednesday- Saturday: 10.00am to 5.00pm
For up to the minute information including workshops, promotions and other news, please visit our Facebook Page or follow us on Twitter
- All items of clothing in the shop are hand-printed using eco-friendly water-based inks onto responsibly-sourced apparel.
- The lampshades are hand-made at Lou’s studio in Peckham from UK sourced components.
- Cushions contain 100% feather-filled UK-made pads for luxury weight, feel and comfort.
- Captured on the Rye will be holding ‘Make-your-own lampshade’ workshops for all ages. We will also be holding ‘Print-your-own t-shirt’ workshops with your own designs, using safe water-based inks. Details to be announced soon.
- Captured on the Rye, in collaboration with local artists and artisans, will be extending their range of products to include ceramic wares, greetings cards and upholstered items.
- Contact Lou for more information or pop into the shop for a chat.
- See pictures below for examples of Captured on the Rye designs in various happy customers’ habitats.